Sazerac House to Celebrate Spring with Virtual and In-Person Tastings and Events
Guests will enjoy cocktail demonstrations, rum and whiskey tastings and spirited history
NEW ORLEANS, LA (March 2, 2020)
Who: The Sazerac House experience and distillery teams, led by Cocktail Experts Matt Ray and Rhiannon Enlil, along with cocktail historian Elizabeth Pearce and partners Emmylou’s BBQ, Piety and Desire Chocolates and St. James Cheese Company
What: In celebration of the coming spring and holidays like National Women’s Month and St. Patrick’s Day, the Sazerac House is hosting a series of delicious and informative events
The Sazerac House Spring Event Series will include:
- Gin Gin Mule Virtual Tasting, Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- The Gin Gin Mule is a contemporary classic originally invented by NYC bartender, bar-owner and luminary Audrey Saunders in the early days of the craft cocktail renaissance. This variation simplifies the recipe with Merchant’s Exchange Moscow Mule Mix to provide a zesty kick of ginger and lime to the refreshing flavors of Henry Ramos Gin. The cocktail is inspired both by the Mojito and the Moscow Mule, and is a perfect springtime refreshment.
- Cured & Aged: Meats Pairing, Thursday, March 11, 2021
- BBQ and Sazerac Rye whiskey are the perfect pair and in Cured & Aged, guests will explore this pairing with Emmylou’s BBQ and a flight of Sazerac Rye cocktails. A BBQ expert will speak to the process of smoking, aging, curing and cooking while a cocktail expert will dazzle with the versatility of New Orleans’ homegrown whiskey, Sazerac Rye. $30 per person.
- Drink & Learn: St. Patrick’s Day, Tuesday, March 16, 2021
- The luck of the Irish runs deep in the city of New Orleans and a strong Irish heritage continues today with parades, parties and of course, in drinking traditions. Trace the evolution of St Patrick’s Day celebrations and delight in festival cocktails to toast to The Emerald Isle. Hosted by Drinks Historian Elizabeth Pearce. $30 per person.
- Cocoa & Cocktails: Rum, Tuesday, March 23, 2021
- Explore the decadent pairing of chocolate and rum with a guided tasting of locally made chocolates with rum cocktails steeped in Caribbean tradition. Featuring Piety & Desire Chocolate. $30 per person.
- Blend Your Own Rum Experience, Thursday, March 25, 2021
- Learn the art of the blend while crafting your perfect rum with House Distiller David Bock. Enjoy a guided grid tasting of Sazerac House featured rums including Jung & Wulff Luxury rums and delight in light bites and learn how rum became America’s first spirit. Enjoy a 100ml bottle of your custom blended rum as a memory of your blending session. $60 per person.
- Walking with Whiskey, Tuesday, April 6, 2021
- Join the House Distiller and the Bar Expert team for an in-depth journey through the whiskey making process. $20 per person.
- Cheers to Cheese, Whiskey, Tuesday, April 13, 2021
- At a spirited night of cheese and cocktails, guests will taste their way through an assortment of cheese expertly paired with whiskey and whiskey cocktails. With a cheesemonger and bar expert guiding each pairing, guests will learn why cheese and whiskey is such an inspired pairing for a cocktail party. $30 per person.
- Jasmine Cocktail Virtual Tasting, Wednesday, April 28, 2021
- A “modern classic” created in the late 1990s by influential bartender, Paul Harrington, in the Pacific Northwest. This crisp bittersweet variation on the Pegu Club cocktail is perfect for springtime with its burst of citrus and floral notes.
Where: Sazerac House
101 Magazine Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
All in-person events will take place in the Imperial Cabinet Saloon, a spacious event venue on the 4th Floor of the Sazerac House which allows guests plenty of room for social distancing.
Should COVID-19 restrictions require changes to these events, guests will be notified of the change in advance.
When: Gin Gin Mule Virtual Tasting, Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Cured & Aged: Meat Pairings with Sazerac Rye, Thursday, March 11, 2021
Drink & Learn: St. Patrick’s Day, Tuesday, March 16, 2021
Cocoa & Cocktails: Rum, Tuesday, March 23, 2021
Sazerac House Blend Your Own Rum Experience, Thursday, March 25, 2021
Walking with Whiskey, Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Cheers to Cheese, Whiskey, Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Jasmine Cocktail Virtual Tasting, Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Why: Springtime in New Orleans is traditionally a magical combination of beautiful weather and fantastic events, and though this year the events are smaller, the Sazerac House is working to make them just as celebratory.
How: Tickets are available online at tickets.sazerachouse.com. In-person events will include socially-distanced seating and personal protective equipment is required for all guests and staff. On registration, guests will be required to confirm & agree that they will wear appropriate face coverings unless actively eating or drinking, practice good hygiene, maintain appropriate social distance, and that they have not had any symptoms of COVID-19, nor anyone they have been in contact with, in the past 2 weeks.
To register for events, visit: https://www.sazerachouse.com/events/. Registration is complimentary; limited in size, and is first come, first served. For the corresponding cocktail kits for virtual tastings, please visit https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeySoZKVWHQOipIRqRQBTOoqwymWnVMKRVn0QUXd_MDDnz7Sw/viewform
Cocktail Kit orders must be received 24 hours before the corresponding workshop, and orders can be picked up 10:00am-4:00pm on the day of the workshop. At pickup, social distancing requirements will be followed, including 6-foot-spacing in the waiting area, personal protective equipment for the Sazerac House team and an acrylic shield between the guest and the Sazerac House team member.
Sazerac House is also offering curbside pickup of many of its spirits, bottled cocktails and bitters. The full list and online ordering is available here: https://store.sazerachouse.com/curbside-pick-up.html Due to state and city regulations, cocktail kits cannot be shipped and are for curbside pickup only.
About the Sazerac House
Standing proudly in a historic building at the corner of Canal and Magazine, and just a short stroll from the original 1850s era Sazerac Coffeehouse, the Sazerac House is an immersive exploration of the spirited culture of New Orleans. Featuring three floors of interactive exhibits across 48,000 square feet, including private event venues, an on-site Sazerac Rye distillery, and Peychaud’s Bitters production facility, the Sazerac House welcomes visitors to experience New Orleans history through the stories of its cocktails. For more information on the Sazerac House, please visit www.sazerachouse.com.
About the Sazerac Company
Sazerac is one of America’s oldest family owned, privately held distillers with operations in the United States in Louisiana, Kentucky, Indiana, Virginia, Tennessee, Maine, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Maryland, California, and global operations in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, India, Australia and Canada. For more information on Sazerac, please visit www.sazerac.com.
Here’s to raising your spirits — and your glass.