Sazerac House Now Offering Curbside Pickup of
Safe at Home Happy Hour Supplies
Ingredients include spirits to make the official cocktail of New Orleans—the Sazerac
NEW ORLEANS, LA (April 21, 2020)
Who: The Sazerac Company and the retail team at the Sazerac House in Downtown New Orleans
What: Curbside distribution of Sazerac signature spirits, bitters, mixers and bottled cocktails perfect for mixing up a safe at home happy hour. Current inventory is:
- Sazerac Rye ($27)
- Sazerac Rye is a 90-proof whiskey. This New Orleans original symbolizes the tradition and history of the city and is an integral ingredient in the Official Sazerac Cocktail, New Orleans’ Official Cocktail. Sazerac Rye has aromas of clove, vanilla and anise with flavors of candied spices and citrus.
- Pralines & Cream ($16)
- Pralines & Cream is a 30-proof cream-based liqueur created to honor the history and indulgent flavors of the pralines that have been sold in New Orleans for decades.
- Buffalo Trace ($25)
- Buffalo Trace is an award-winning 90-proof small-batch bourbon whiskey with notes of brown sugar and spice that gives way to oak, toffee and dark fruit.
- Herbsaint ($33)
- Legendre Herbsaint is a 100-proof anise-flavored liqueur still made to the original specifications. Created in New Orleans in the 1930s as a substitute for absinthe, it’s the official rinse in the Sazerac Cocktail.
- Jung & Wulff Trinidad Rum ($45)
- Jung & Wulff Trinidad is an 86-proof rum. The complex oaky entry flavor gives an impression of moderate age that turns deeply spicy with highlights of fruit, spice, vegetation and earthiness.
- Peychaud’s Bitters 5 oz ($6)
- Peychaud’s Bitters are sweet with hints of cherry, clove and nutmeg. They have become a mainstay in recipes the world over — including the original Sazerac Cocktail.
- Handy & Schiller Manhattan ($40)
- Handy & Schiller Manhattan is a 70-proof premium bottled cocktail made with Sazerac Rye and Peychaud’s Bitters, aged in a Sazerac Rye barrel.
- Handy & Schiller Old Fashioned ($40)
- Handy & Schiller Old Fashioned is an 84-proof premium bottled cocktail made with Buffalo Trace Bourbon and Peychaud’s Bitters, aged in a Buffalo Trace barrel.
- Old Fashioned Cocktail Syrup ($13)
- Moscow Mule Cocktail Syrup ($13)
- Diesel 190 Proof 1L for surface sanitizing ($15)
Where: Sazerac House Vestibule (Magazine Street side)
101 Magazine Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
When: Guests will receive scheduled pickup times via phone from a Sazerac House team member. Pickup slots are Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm in 30-minute increments with a maximum of 5 guests per 30-minute slot. Online form available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Why: Sazerac House is selling Sazerac Company spirits favorites in an effort to help New Orleanians stay safe at home and also enjoy signature New Orleans spirits, as well as purchase high-proof alcohol for sanitizing surfaces. This effort also keeps Sazerac House team members safely working to provide this service to New Orleanians.
How: To order, guests can fill out an order form online at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScGylCsec52bGmqq_7yqRvkvAl-rZiJHJh5F3LNKDlaK9ldWQ/viewform. Orders are limited to 6 bottles of each type. Guests will then receive a confirmation email and will be contacted by the Sazerac House to arrange for payment over the phone and to schedule a pickup day and time Wednesday through Friday between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
Social distancing requirements will be followed, including 6-foot-spacing in the waiting area, personal protective equipment for the Sazerac House team and an acrylic shield between the street and the Sazerac House team member.
About the Sazerac Company
Sazerac is one of America’s oldest family owned, privately held distillers with operations in the United States in Louisiana, Kentucky, Indiana, Virginia, Tennessee, Maine, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Maryland, California, and global operations in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, India, Australia and Canada. For more information on Sazerac, please visit www.sazerac.com.
About the Sazerac House
Standing proudly in a historic building at the corner of Canal and Magazine, and just a short stroll from the original 1850s era Sazerac Coffeehouse, the Sazerac House is an immersive exploration of the spirited culture of New Orleans. Featuring three floors of interactive exhibits across 48,000 square feet, including private event venues, an on-site Sazerac Rye distillery, and Peychaud’s Bitters production facility, the Sazerac House welcomes visitors to experience New Orleans history through the stories of its cocktails. For more information on the Sazerac House, please visit www.sazerachouse.com.
Here’s to classic cocktails — and those destined to be.